Pages

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Are you feeling Christmasy yet?

So, how Christmasy are you feeling? 


Usually I don't start feeling Christmasy until the beginning of December. If I'm honest, most years I'm an absolute Scrooge until then, hating on all the shops playing Christmas songs and all the people already buying their Christmas presents. When I left my summer job at a supermarket to come back to University in September, they had all ready been stocking panettone and mince pies. In SEPTEMBER. No joke.

However, this year I am already getting into the Christmas spirit. I have been an avid purchaser of Nescafe's Gingerbread Lattes (which actually taste like gingerbread!) along with the occasional mince pie and even some stollen. (Who's stolen my stollen?! ....No? Ok.) But what's even more exciting is my house mates and I have drawn names for Secret Santa! Say whuuuuut?! Yes, you heard me (or read me?), the present hunting will now commence and I shall get my house mate the best present ever!! I shall not mention who or what I get in case said house mates are reading this now. Hi if you are!

Usually present buying is such a chore. But I have a plan this year. I am going to start purchasing gifts incredibly early, just to make sure I know exactly what to get everyone and to be uber-organised. This is going to work. Maybe the early Christmas present buyers I've been hating on the past few years were actually being sensible... I need to write a list. I love a good list.

Another reason why I am feeling Christmasy is the town's Christmas lights are going to be switched on next week! And all the Christmas markets will open with cheese, chocolate and mulled wine. Mmmmmmm. Love it. Lets hope it snows as well this year? Maybe if we all wish hard enough it will happen? I don't think I could go another Christmas without snow.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment