Pages

Sunday 23 November 2014

Banana and Blueberry



Best EVER muffins!!.... Only if you like bananas and blueberries





I absolutely love baking, it's my favourite hobby, especially when I'm stressed! The other day I made up some banana and blueberry muffins, which turned out nicer than I thought. 
Because I love baking so much, I wanted to use this blog as a way to share my bakes and the recipes I used. I hope they are useful to some of you.

Banana and Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 250g Self Raising Flour
  • 1tsp Baking Powder
  • 50g Butter
  • 80g Caster Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 150ml Milk
  • 200g Blueberries
  • 2 large Bananas
Recipe:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (I don't know how to type in the symbol thingy), or gas mark 6.
  2. Prep the muffin tin with cases (this recipe should make 12 muffins).
  3. Mix the butter and sugar together until it's soft and fluffy - if the butter is hard, blast in the microwave for 20 seconds until manageable.
  4. Whisk in the eggs and milk until fully combined.
  5. Crush both bananas in a separate bowl until they're all mushy and goopy (yes, you read that right). Then fold them into the mixture.
  6. Fold in the flour and baking powder until it's smooth texture.
  7. Before adding in the blueberries, covered them in a tablespoon of flour (this will stop them from sinking whilst the muffins bake). Then fold them into the mixture.
  8. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them almost to the top. If you have any left over mixture, feel free to eat it.
  9. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minute, or until they are golden, have risen well and are firm to touch. Leave to cool for only a few minute, as they are delicious served warm! Then tuck in!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment